Oswego County SPCA

Oswego County SPCA


We are non-profit, no-kill, animal protection, public education and assistance agency caring for over 150 animals through volunteer efforts that depend on the kind and generous support of your donations. Learn more about Oswego County SPCA...

How You Can Help

Our Wish List:

Dry Cat Food (Purina Indoor Formula)

Clay Cat Litter

Cat Beds
Dry Dog Food

Dog Toys

Dog Collars

Dog Beds

Paper Towels

Clorox-type wipes

Dish Soap
Hand Sanitizer

Laundry Detergent

Dryer Sheets


Local Low Cost Spay/Neuter Clinics & Programs

Spay and Neuter Syracuse (SANS)


Friends of Animals


Have a lost or found animal? Post them here:

9WSYR Petsaver Lost

            and Found





Need help? We'll do our best!


We are an all volunteer, no-kill organization with limited space and funding so we can only do so much, but we would like to try to help you even it's just a referral to another agency that may be able to help you. Here is some information to possibly help in certain situations:

If you need to report animal cruelty:

State Police: Fulton 593-6194

                   Pulaski 298-1444

Sheriff: 911 (tell the dispatch that it is a non-emergency, unless it is)

If you wish to remain anonymous, just let the officer know. You, as the eyewitness, must report what you have seen. We cannot report it for you. Please always think of that poor animal when you hesitate to report. YOU are their only voice!


If you have lost or found a dog: (DOGS only)

Within the city of Oswego, Oswego City Shelter: 315-343-1803

Here is the Oswego County Directory, which includes the listing of Dog Control Officers starting on page 47:

http://www.co.oswego.ny.us/legislature/directory/2014%20gov%20directory.pdf (copy and paste into your browser)


If you have found a wild creature (duck, goose, squirrel):

Please refer to this link (copy and paste into your browser) as we don't handle wildlife. Thank you.


Our organization only takes adult cats (over a year) when we do have room , so if you find kittens, please try these other organizations:

United Friends of Homeless Animals  315-298-4733

Oswego County Humane Society   315-207-1070

CNY Cat Coalition  315-289-CATS


If you are looking for low cost spaying/neutering:

Spay and Neuter Syracuse  315-834-0141


Oswego County Humane Society    315-207-1070


CNY Spay and Neuter Assistance Program  607-756-2561





Can't adopt? sponsor a pet!

We know that there is a delicate balance in everyone's household. Adding a new member can upset that balance. We have a solution. Sponsor! Your new pet is at home and happy in foster care but is being supported by you. For just $20, you can buy their food and litter for 3 months! Yes, only $20.

These kitties are in foster care with the Oswego County SPCA and many will be for their entire lives. They are deemed difficult to adopt or unadoptable due to age, illness or behavioral problems.

You can support these foster kitties and every three months you will be sent a renewal with an update and photo of your sponsored kitty. Do your part and keep peace in your home. Sponsor today! Go to our SPONSOR page.


Dog Fosterers needed

We know this isn't an easy thing to ask people to do. It's a huge disruption in your life and we're asking you to fall in love with a dog and then to give it up to a family a short time after you have it. We didn't say it would be easy. But it is the MOST REWARDING THING YOU WILL EVER DO. You get to save the life of a dog. You get to take that dog from scared, starving, abused, neglected and unwanted to loved, fed, safe and very much wanted. We provide everything you will need for the dog. All you have to do is provide a safe, loving environment. If you would be interested, please contact us at 315-592-5551 or info@oswegospca.org.


donate your old clunker to
help the animals

Remember that car you parked in the yard for sale last fall that just surfaced because the snow is melting? Why not donate it, receive a tax break and help the animals at the same time? It's a fairly easy process. Just call 315-699-2622 and they will walk you through what you need to do. They'll even come and tow the vehicle away for you. Then once the car is sold at auction, they will send you a receipt for your taxes and a donation is made to the Oswego County SPCA.




©1999-2011 Oswego County SPCA • 315-592-5551 • info@ocawl-spca.org

Oswego Human Society